The Circle of Wine Writers welcomes applications (unless primarily involved in public relations or trade promotion) that fulfill any or all of the membership criteria:
- Regular publication in a newspaper or magazine
- Regular TV appearances, or regular broadcast on radio
- Regular teaching with full membership of AWE or any similar organisation that is recognized by the committee
- Publish or write for a dedicated wine/spirits website/blog that is considered a source of accurate and well-maintained information, in the opinion of the committee
- Author of published book/s on wine or spirits
- Specialist in wine and/or spirits photography
- Publisher or editor of wine/spirits publication/s
How to apply: Obtain a proposer and a seconder from current members of the CWW. Email completed applications to: [email protected]
Applications include a summary of work with supporting scans, screenshots or links.
Applications fulfilling membership criteria will be put before the committee, every 2 months. Applications can be fast-tracked at the Membership secretary’s discretion.
When applications are approved, the CWW membership fee is payable, giving:
- invitations to CWW tastings and social events
- invitations to CWW wine trips, UK and worldwide
- free subscription to Circle Update, 4 issues a year
- benefits offered by supporters, including discounted subscriptions to wine magazines, a discount on Riedel glassware and a discount at The Wine Society