The Circle of Wine Writers is an association of authors, writers, journalists, bloggers, broadcasters, photographers and lecturers, communicating about wines and spirits
Founded in 1960 by the late Cyril Ray, based in the UK, there are circa 240 members worldwide, based in 30 countries. The objectives of the Circle of Wine Writers are to:
- improve the standard of communication about wines and spirits
- contribute to the growing knowledge of and interest in wine
- promote wines and spirits of quality and to comment adversely on faulty products and dubious practices
- establish and maintain good relations with the news media and the wine trade
- provide members with a strong voice with which to express their views
- provide platforms for the exchange of information
- provide a programme of workshops, meetings, talks and tastings
Our Diversity Statement
We’re greater when we’re Equal.
At the Circle of Wine Writers, diversity is an integral part of our culture, and identity. Inclusion is the way we treat and perceive all differences. We want to create a culture where all forms of diversity are seen as real value for the organisation.
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating inclusivity in our organisation. The Circle of Wine Writers provides equal opportunities to all members and applicants without regard to race, religion, colour, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, or disability.
We are pleased to be working with The Drinks Trust