- This event has passed.
Wines Of Chile Trade Tasting 2019
September 24, 2019 @ 11:00 am - 8:30 pm
We will have wines on tasting from wineries of all sizes, showing the 2019 vintage which was a
hot vintage, with very little rain, but none the less has produced some fantastic wines. Innovation
is very topical in Chile today and you will see some interesting examples of what wineries are
doing adding to the excitement which is alive in Chile today.
THEMED TASTING AREA
• Artisan Producers: Discover new wines from Chile’s boutique producers.
• Ancestral Wines: Unearth the history of Chile with varietals including País, Muscat and Field blends.
• Ethical Wines: Appreciate the surge of vegan, vegetarian, organic, biodynamic, natural and orange wines produced in Chile today.
• Sauvignon Blanc: Experience the explosion of differing styles that Chile produces and see how regionality plays a part in this. Sauvignon Blanc is the most planted white variety in Chile.
• Chile Champions: Enjoy gold & trophy medal winning wines from this year’s International competitions. DWWA, IWC, SWA & Drinks Business Masters.
WINE BAR WAR:
• Three teams of sommeliers will battle against each other in a fantastic competition to literally ‘design and build a wine bar’ and open it for business at our on the 24th. We need you to vote for your favourite wine bar based on the overall concept, visual appearance of their bar, as well as the wine selection and service they offer. The winning team will be crowned UK Champions 2019 and win a trip to Chile in January 2020.
• Will be announcing the award winning wines from Chile from this year’s competition and have a selection on tasting.
To register to attend please go to this link: https://woc19.smartreg.co.uk/Visitors/Visitors/register?promoid=Cwwbanner