Oz Clarke On Wine is a fast-paced, informative and witty romp around the world of wine, crammed with Oz’s encyclopaedic knowledge and personal tastes. The newly published book explores the grape varieties key to the world’s major wine styles, and the vineyards and regions where a vast trove of wine treasure lies waiting for discovery.
Oz conjures up the wine world’s most beautiful landscapes, its zaniest characters and most elusive flavours. Always a trailblazer, Oz was a pioneer regarding the implications of climate change on winemaking – examined thoroughly here. Oz Clarke On Wine is Oz’s most personal book to date.
• The world’s best-tasting wines, from Aconcagua to Okanagan, and Patagonia to east Yorkshire.
• How climate change affects the wines we drink today, and the new wines we can expect ‘tomorrow’
• The new pathway paved by Organic and Biodynamic wines, leading to a sustainable wine future
• The rediscovery of local grape varieties (in their hundreds) from Spain, Italy, Greece and Portugal, now waiting to challenge our tastebuds
• Oz’s favourite fizz: from Dom Pérignon, to England’s new darlings from Dorset and the South Downs
• Wines to enjoy, from budget to blue chip… For sipping and savouring now, or to age and enjoy in 10, 20 or 30-years’ time
Oz Clarke On Wine is available online for US $45 or £30: https://academieduvinlibrary.com/product/oz-clarke-on-wine/